Institute for Sustainable Development is an Ethiopian Resident’s Civil Society Organization legally registered by Ethiopian Charities and Societies Agency, working in different regions of Ethiopia for sustainable ecological and social development by working with people and organizations at the grassroots level. Designing and implementing sustainable development strategies to address the social and economic problems of different target groups including farmers, youth and women; are among the organizational objectives of our institute. The objectives under different projects components have been implemented in Tigray, Amhara, Oromia and Sothern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples Regional State that have brought tremendous change in the livelihood and attitude of the target beneficiaries.
For further betterment of the above cited programs, ISD is now seeking an experienced expert to work as a senior community facilitator in its project areas in Tigray Region being based in its branch office in Mekele .
Terms of employment: On yearly renewable contractual basis.
Salary: As per the organization’s scale
The general duties and responsibilities of the Senior Community Facility (SCF) are;
- Acts as an Advisor to the Operational Units implementing projects with Local Rural Communities,
- Assists in producing plans for operational units to prepare and implement project plans for sustainable environmental development in local communities identified / selected to be ISD partners. This includes,
- Projects for improving natural resource management for maintaining environmental services,
- Processes and activities for training, monitoring and evaluation of the making and use of compost and other forms of natural fertilizer and soil improvements,
- Identifies methods for eco-intensification of crop production,
- Identifies the needs of and means available with farmers to include agro-forestry in their farms,
- Advises colleagues in conducting action research with farmers, local experts and other appropriate professionals to identify the best in traditional knowledge, practices and innovations and how these can be maintained and enhanced with modern knowledge, practices and innovations,
- Assists interested educational institutions to develop and incorporate formal training in ecological organic agriculture,
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
Education: BA Degree or M.Sc. in Plant Science or Agricultural extension & other relevant field of studies
Experience: 10 years and above for BSc and 7 years and above for MSc as a consultant in the same or related field
Deadline: 7 working days after the date of announcement
How to apply:
Qualified candidates can apply in person with their non-returnable CV and copies of educational and work experience supporting documents to the following address. Female applicants are encouraged.
Institute for Sustainable Development (ISD) Mekele branch;
Kedamay Weyane Bulding, Block C, Office No. 105,